– Strategic Proposition
BIOGH’s key unique selling points and substantial benefits are summarised as follows:
- It is a joint venture with the Free Zone Authority, an independent authority under the Ministry of Finance, providing all the benefits of governmental support including the provision of dedicated Customs and Immigration.
- Significant Free Zone benefits
- A secure and internationally managed logistics facility
- Substantial benefits to the local population and businesses. The Oil and Gas Free Zone is predicted to employ or train some 10,000 Iraqi nationals in the first 12 years of operation.
- Long Term Agreements available of up to 50 years.
The Basra Oil and Gas Free Zone is close to Basra International Airport adjacent to port Khor Al Zubair. Extending to 11 square kilometres (11 million square metres), the Zone will comprise mixed-use industrial, logistics, oil and gas storage, commercial and residential accommodation and a variety of ancillary uses alongside customs.
With state-of-the-art security, BIOGH is located within the major oil and gas production area of Southern Iraq, adjacent to the port of Khor Al Zubair, and is being undertaken in joint venture with the Free Zone Authority – an independent authority under the Ministry of Finance.